
|
Prejudice
0 Comment
Prejudice.
A preformed opinion. Premature assumption. Assumption that people conjure out of thin air, just because you might be slightly different from them. Slightly different. That's how prejudice is often made.
I grew up in kampung. Everything was pretty much the same, except I went to a different school than the rest of the kids. I went to a Chinese school. That kinda put me in a different place in the eyes of the kampung society. I wore pinafore to my school when the rest of the kids in my residential area wore baju kurung and scarf. But anyway, I still went to the afternoon school for my religious education. I remember it was quite tiring since my primary school was quite far from my home and I need to rush to the afternoon school, especially if I had tuition classes. Still, mom would never allow me to skip the afternoon school.
I don't have many friends in the afternoon school but alas, I'm still a happy kid. Some of the kids can accept me (for being different by going to a different school) but some wasn't as welcoming. The unwelcoming part come out as, the look they gave me and calling me with some unpleasant names such as "Cina" and other stuffs. Some of the kids even told me how I'm going to hell by "learning the language of hell when they are learning the language of heaven". I mean, what? Yes. The kids can be cruel and judgmental.
The kids, I can understand. But I don't get the prejudice I got from the ustazahs. It's maddening, frustrating and exasperating in the same time. The look on their faces, was so hard to digest by my 10 years old mind. I'm just a kid who came to the afternoon school to get my religious education, and the ustazahs are not making it easier for me. I can still remember the disgust on some of the ustazahs' face upon my presence. It's like a crime being in a Chinese school and attending the afternoon school in the same time. I still remember this one time when I lost my Chinese school student card and then some kid found the card in the afternoon school and passed it up on one of the ustazah. So the ustazah called me and returned the student card to me. But her face reaction is one of the reaction that you can't really erase from your mind. The look on her face when she saw my photo on the student card, scarf-less and no baju kurung is the most painful expression I had ever recieved. The feeling was even worse than being scolded by your parents when they received your report card and there's a D in it.
It was that bad.
|
Welcome
![]() My Archives
![]() Instagram
Twitter
Credit
Skin made by Hafiz Zulkafly . Edit by Anis Shahirah . I GOT THE BACKGROUND FROM Dolliecrave . Other image from We♥it and special thanks to Mr.Google cause help me .
|